half and half

Alle zu Übungen an den Ringen
mrobertweiss

half and half

Beitrag von mrobertweiss » 27 Jan 2014, 02:45

Haui:

When to turn the rings when performing the half and half, diagrammed under the backward roll section? (halb und halb)...
The rings are turned inward, chest upon the tops of the rings, when piking, but as one globally extends , are you supposed to quickly twist the rings outward to achieve the support position? thanks!-

Haui

Re: half and half

Beitrag von Haui » 27 Jan 2014, 09:10

Hi

you have to try to press the rings together then you can lay with your stomage on the Rings.
Then you have to "explode".
Throw your feets behind you in an angle fom aprox. 40 dgrees. in the same moment you habe to press hard with your arms that your body goes upwards and backwards. Straighten your arms.
Here the limiting factor is not your power it is the timing and the feeling of the movement.
If you are strong enough (Falsegrip and biceps are of steel) you can do the backward roll with out momentum.
Das Gehirn ist der wichtigste Muskel beim Training.

Haui

Beitrag von Haui » 27 Jan 2014, 09:20

oh i forgot something.
You have to hold the rings in the Falsegrip.
When you lean on the rings turn them so that your palms face forward.
While moving the body explosively up you turn the rings in.

mrobertweiss

Beitrag von mrobertweiss » 27 Jan 2014, 15:02

OK , good and confused now. I need German....
(We are talking only about the half and half NOT the full backward roll. )
Correct me if , and where I am wrong:

In the start position, you pike, turning the rings inward (pronated wrists), and laying on top of rings.
Then you explosively do what is basically an archer rock, globally extending the legs backward, and your back and torso upwards; during this maneuver, my question was , when do you turn the rings out, ( supinating the wrists) to achieve the support position? The false grip is necessary for the backwards roll, but for this half and half, I do not see that grip being possible. You start in support, wrists supinated and locked ,and rings turned out, then pike with rings turned in(plams facing back, Pronated), then you have to get the wrists supinated again quickly at some point to get back to RTO support. Yes?

Also, as an aside, See this video, of greg Glassman and his basically untrained office staff , many of them doing a backward roll, with some funny attempts (one guy even gets a kip to support by accident!) Glassman doesn't really know what he is talking about , I think, as he tries to explain how to do it: http://media.crossfit.com/awset/CrossFi ... 4d6_SD.mp4

Haui

Beitrag von Haui » 27 Jan 2014, 19:55

You go to the support position when your body is upright and your arms are straight at the End of the Movement

mrobertweiss

Beitrag von mrobertweiss » 29 Jan 2014, 02:36

See the attached picture, a section of your half and half. In this snapshot, the second drawing in your sequence from left to right, how are the rings to be held? RTO, or merely pressed together in front of the gut, as you bend forwards over the rings. Or turned inwards so the wrists are pronated, turned such that the palms(volar surface) are facing the groins?
Dateianhänge
Doc1.doc
(58.5 KiB) 252-mal heruntergeladen

Haui

Beitrag von Haui » 29 Jan 2014, 08:26

At the start of the upward movement you turn the rings out. You can "look" through the rings when
you look to your feet.
When the body goes up the rings and your hands turn

mrobertweiss

Beitrag von mrobertweiss » 29 Jan 2014, 14:50

Ok, thanks . See this video:
http://gymnasticswod.com/content/bent-a ... ip-support

In the very beginning, Carl pikes and extends the rings directly down. I think this is what you are having in the half and half,if I understand you correctly, except the rings are not pushed down toward the ground quite so far, they are held at the hips only as one pikes, and one can "see the feet" thru the rings.

thanks, manny

Haui

Beitrag von Haui » 03 Feb 2014, 08:43

Can you do the roll forward?
Here you have the same hand and ring position.
I reccomend to learn first the Muscle up and ring roll forward, i think it is easier than the ring roll backwards

mrobertweiss

Beitrag von mrobertweiss » 06 Feb 2014, 15:27

I am working on the 1/2 and 1/2.
I cannot do a forward roll on the rings back to support. I constantly get stuck at driving the hips over my head at the same rate as lowering the shoulders, while at the same time opening the rings out. There is some mental, cognitive issue with dropping down forward as well, where I just get scared that I will fall on the head. I do not seem to have this rather annoying fear , while rolling backward. I tend to not keep the chin tucked and legs compressed into a tuck while rolling forward, thus exacerbating the whole thing into a mess.
The sticking at forward roll is similar to trying to go from an Lsit to a shoulder stand, same thing, where I cannot seem to get the head and shoulders down.. Oddly, I can easily roll backwards to inversion from an L sit with no hesitation. I have a dream machine pulley/vest that i haven't been able to work with because of a number of weather and interfering other issues, but I am hoping this will help me overcome the problems with the rolls.

Thanks for the short video on the half and half.

Antworten