half and half

Alle zu Übungen an den Ringen
Haui

Re: half and half

Beitrag von Haui » 07 Feb 2014, 09:14

Have you tried the forward roll at a bar it is easier there.
Doing the forward roll very slowly is good to get the power for the backward roll.

My tip is: do very slow muscle and learn the forward roll..
Try it at the bar when you have no bar you can build one with the rings and a metal or wood bar
Das Gehirn ist der wichtigste Muskel beim Training.

mrobertweiss

Beitrag von mrobertweiss » 07 Feb 2014, 15:03

Yup. I can do a forward roll on a bar no problem. Much easier, no comparison.... It's the stability issue, (and grip on bar is different) and turning the rings out RTO to pass thru as you roll forward, that causes me to stick and feel as though the grip on rings is failing, and I will fall on head, etc etc.... I get the head and shoulders to about 2 or 3 o'clock forward (12 noon being in a tuck with head at straight up position) and stick. It's like the first time I ever tried a press to headstand, the hips and pelvis just do not seem to have the strength to elevate, but the strength is actually there.

Doing the forward roll with a band is one cheat that simulates the solid bar. I still can't do it with the band on rings. It is actually rather infuriating. I am going to set some time aside, and put a couple of very good mats below the rings which are at a low height, and just try and force myself over , fall on head or not.... Also, I have been practicing the false grip hold in an inverted position, just holding it as long as possible; this is for some reason much harder than a dead hang with the FG.

I recently got the powermonkeyfitness( see their website) dream machine harness; I just have to get some warmer weather, this apparatus is in my garage with a superhigh ceiling and beam, but it is now just 16 degrees (-8 C). I think this should help .

Haui

Beitrag von Haui » 07 Feb 2014, 17:21

Do you have enough grip strength in the false grip?
Perhaps this is the problem?

mrobertweiss

Beitrag von mrobertweiss » 07 Feb 2014, 17:42

I need to strengthen the FG for sure. However, I can hold it for a long time , do 5 strict muscleups fairly slowly strung together, so I don't think this is the primary problem. Inverted , my FG is profoundly weaker, so I indeed am working on that. The real issue is spatial orientation and courage getting into the roll.
Plus, The other stuff I am doing, including a couple of so called 'metcon' WODs at my crossfit gym, per week, and the routine of the GST 'foundation/ handstand course gets me tired, and so what happens is that I get too tired to screw around on the rings.

Of course if you listen to the doctrinal rigid recommendations of Sommers and his acolytes, someone like me should not even be hanging from the rings at all...

Haui

Beitrag von Haui » 07 Feb 2014, 20:03

Of course if you listen to the doctrinal rigid recommendations of Sommers and his acolytes, someone like me should not even be hanging from the rings at all...

But it makes Fun .
Thats why i Do it, it is not perfekt But this does not matter to me and it makes me stronger

mrobertweiss

Beitrag von mrobertweiss » 26 Feb 2014, 14:15

Haui: This is some new material from Dave Durante, most of it quite good. The earlier progressions on the Pbars and paralettes were something I hadn't thought of ( particularly the 'rto' paralettes). I have this harness shown in video, it is a quality-made item and expensive, but have not put it to good use yet, as it is off a 16 foot beam in my shop which is unheated and it has been so very cold here the last month or so. You cannot be wearing bulky clothing and still use the harness. See this url and the lead-up videos- manny

http://www.powermonkeyfitness.com/blog/ ... ons-part-7

Haui

Beitrag von Haui » 26 Feb 2014, 19:08

Hi

thanks nice video.
I tried this with a climbing gear and it also works.
But i do not like this.
I to it with a Theraband betreen the rings.

mrobertweiss

Beitrag von mrobertweiss » 27 Feb 2014, 04:45

I too have used he band, but it does inhibit the rings from rotating the 180-360 degrees necessary with the full movements, whereas the harness doesn't have that problem. I really need help with the spatial orientation stuff, and body awareness, so the harness gets me that to some extent.
I tried that planche type pushup on the turned out paralettes , (shown in that part 4 of the Durante video) this evening, and it is really hard, kind of like that half and half on the rings you showed me, but parallel to the ground and with gravity working totally against you. Very difficult, and he of course makes it look effortless.

Haui

Beitrag von Haui » 27 Feb 2014, 08:21

Ohh this looks cool.
I will try it this evening.
I do a similar exercise on the rings called pelikan

mrobertweiss

Beitrag von mrobertweiss » 31 Dez 2014, 19:57

Merry christmas Haui, hope you are doing well.

I took a week and did the powermonkey camp by David Durante (in TN, USA), and learned alot. It is geared for crossfit, but that is where the money is, so to speak. He is a gifted coach, very personable.
I have made some progress on the rolls, still need assistance.
I purchased the R2 material from GMB folks, I see that is where you obtainbed the half/half vid.
I Achieved the slow non-momentum bar muscle up, much more difficult(for me), than strict rings muscleups. Still not consistent with the bar muscleup, I willfail from time to time.It is very dependent on timing, more coordinated a move than it appears at first glance,particularly the wrist rotation over the bar.
I have Continued with the Sommers foundation stuff, close or done on most of the F1 material.That is very slow, difficult.
I signed up for his Denver weekend in June '15; we will see how much abuse I get for doing that!

I hope you have a good year, and appreciate your kind assistance- m weiss

Antworten